Thursday, January 15, 2009

Thing 1 1/15/2009

Well....I made it. In spite of complete ignorance regarding blogs etc, I now have one. The process is fairly simple (especially with the help of auggie dogg) and looks to be an interesting cyber adventure though it does seem that ones knowledge of acronym's is taken for granted. I generally don't have much to say, so this is at odds with that comfy old shoe.

I do however, rue the day when the heft of a book in hand, a cup of coffee, and a rainy afternoon are no longer the norm. Things change....

2 comments:

  1. Well lucky for you there's no minimum word count for your posts. :) Welcome to The Things and have fun!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It does seem that it is less of the norm for people to know the pleasure of a great book on a rainy afternoon. Blogs and e-books have their place, but will never replace the multi-sensory experience of a good book.

    Wistfully, I also look back on the pleasure I used to feel when getting a new album. First, the enjoyment of the cover art, with it's square appeal, large enough to really occupy space and grab your attention. Then, the liner notes. Even CD's had that appeal yet now we live in a world that downloads one or two mp3's, there is no cover art, nothing cool to look at while enjoying the music and nothing to really read about the people who made the music. Something seems lost in that for me that feels very much like what you describe regarding books and blogs.

    I suppose we gain some things in this medium though and I am glad to see your blog and enjoyed reading its beginnings.

    ReplyDelete